At Merit, we are changing the future of industry through Market Invention. Everything here begins with our people, and we only hire the best.
We are currently looking for a part-time Accounting/Finance Associate to join our Finance team. The ideal candidate demonstrates proficiency in Excel, and has a strong desire to grow and understand the financial implications of a business.
Accounting/Finance Associates at Merit work directly with our CFO. Typical tasks include working within QuickBooks to complete journal entries, process invoices, and manage accounts receivable and payable. A strong understanding of forecasting/budgeting is ideal, as the associate will assist in developing the organization’s budget.
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week during normal business hours, 9-5pm Monday – Friday.
- Assist in Accounts Payable
- Assist in Accounts Receivable
- Process Invoices
- Interact with clients/customers if needed for direction
- Experience with Excel (Vlookups, pivot table, sumifs, etc.)
- QuickBooks experience (recommended but not required)
- Ability to speak professionally and effectively with internal teams, vendors, and clients
- Working knowledge of building budgets/forecasts
The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior with the following qualifications:
- Well organized with clear, effective communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with dynamic job responsibilities and priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Attention to detail and consistency