You had a poster of Helmut Krone on your wall growing up and his book is your bible. You obsess over type and routinely make fun of people who don’t know the difference between a bracket and a terminal. You’ve got your sites set on the Art Directors Club Hall of Fame and are well on your way to building a portfolio to get you there.
We’re Merit. And if you’re an art director with over 2 years of ad agency experience who’s ready to take your chops to a shop where you’ll do the best work of your career, we should talk. Just over a year ago we began rebuilding the creative department from the ground up, methodically hiring people whose work is the best among the best.
We’re looking for someone who’s conceptual, thoughtful and passionate. Who can design for any medium — from print to web to banner ads nobody will ever click on. The very best candidates are those who are committed to their craft. To pushing the boundaries of the golden mean. To the idea that ideas rule. And if you’ve collected a few awards along the way, even better.
- Able to take print/web/social/video from concept to completion
- Understanding of web design, including responsive design, and ability to assist in the creation and provide support for the front-end of web-based designs
- Capable of producing GIF animation/motion graphics
- Can seamlessly go from design to art direction and from art direction to design
- Experience directing/working with photographers, videographers, directors, editors, developers and copywriters to help bring your ideas to life
- Portfolio should demonstrate a clear understanding of visual hierarchy and layout with diverse visual approaches to solving problems, as well as an understanding of color theory and typography
- You have the ability to create campaigns that work across several channels
- Yes, you need experience with Adobe Creative Suite, bonus if you know After Effects, Lightroom, Premiere and/or XD
- Communicative and collaborative with a healthy ego and a desire to grow professionally
- 2 years of relevant experience
Merit is a three-year-old agency that’s building a company people want to work for and with. We’re built upon the idea that one size does not fit all. That advertising isn’t always the answer. That the medium doesn’t matter.
We’re a bunch of creative thinkers who don’t want to play by the rules and don’t want clients who want to play by the rules.
And neither do you.
MERIT BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Flexible work schedule
- Bucket lists (we give you bonus cash to have fun outside the office)
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Generous vacation package
- 12 Wellness Days per year
- Continuing education options
You’ll report to the Chief Creative Officer. Email your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ‘VW’ in the subject line.