At Merit, we are changing the future of industry through Market Invention. Everything here begins with our people, and we only hire the best.
We are currently looking for a part-time Graphic Design Associate to join our creative team during the summer and fall of 2018. The right candidate has a strong creative portfolio and a passion for design. The ideal candidate demonstrates proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
Graphic Design Associates at Merit work directly with the creative team to take projects from concepts to finished deliverables. Typical tasks include creating mockups to showcase work and updating existing assets, such as advertisements and collateral material. A solid technical understanding of layout and typography and the ability to thrive in a team environment are essential.
- Support the creative team throughout the design process
- Create mockups to showcase work
- Perform content updates to existing assets
- Interact with print shops to ensure quality production
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Proficiency in additional Adobe programs is a plus)
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt quickly to emerging technologies
- Ability to speak professionally and effectively with internal teams, vendors, and clients
- A passion for researching, understanding, and recommending emerging design trends to keep our clients at the top of their industries
- Experience in, or working knowledge of, using themes for Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Understanding of core design concepts and current design trends
- Ability to structure a document for pre-print and communicate with print shops about standards, or a willingness to learn
The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior with the following qualifications:
- Portfolio demonstrating skills in graphic design
- Well organized with clear, effective communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with dynamic job responsibilities and priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Attention to detail and consistency
Merit Benefits Include:
- Flexible work schedule
- Bucket lists (monthly prizes for being awesome)
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Generous vacation package
- Sponsored events for continued education and team building
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 16 hours per week during normal business hours. This role will report to the Creative Director.