At Merit, we are changing the future of industry through Market Invention. Everything here begins with our people, and we only hire the best.
Inside Sales Associates at Merit are self-motivated and possess a strong desire to excel at business development. They have an entrepreneurial mindset and are enthusiastic about growing the company.
Associates will be paid hourly with commission opportunity. Successful Associates will be offered full-time employment with a highly competitive compensation package.
To succeed in this position, you must be:
- Curious, innovative and driven. We work tirelessly to create only the best solutions for our clients and no day with Merit is ever the same. This requires a strong commitment from our team to always stay hungry for what’s next. You must also be passionate about staying up to date on industry trends and issues that affect our clients, as well as develop a deep level of knowledge on our client’s company, services, processes, industry, hot issues, etc.
- A people person. We enjoy what we do and who we do it with; internally and with our clients. You must work well in a team environment and serve as a leader and collaborator amongst peers and clients.
- A self-starter, proactive, detail-oriented and able to routinely prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- An effective communicator. You must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to clearly articulate Merit’s marketing program strategies and recommendations to clients.
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Researching and understanding prospective clients
- Outbound phone calls/emails/social networking to decision makers of organizations
- Organize meetings with decision makers of prospective clients
- Assessing deal size and structure of prospective clients
- Obtaining a strong understanding of Merit’s principles and values
- Willingness to attend organizational meetings to build a network
- Be aware of the levers to pull to help outside organizations understand the value Merit brings
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- The ability to articulate and refine ideas in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Strong research skills
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to adapt to changes and enhance our growing organization
- An eye for detail
- Ability to familiarize yourself with CRM software – Hubspot
- Enrolled in a college/university seeking a Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Communications, or Marketing
- Well organized with clear, effective communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with dynamic job responsibilities and priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Attention to detail and consistency
Merit Benefits Include:
- Outbound sales training
- Flexible work schedule
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Sponsored events for continued education and team building
- Just to name a few…
|Job Category||Business Development|