At Merit, we are changing the future of industry through Market Invention. Everything here begins with our people, and we only hire the best.
We are currently looking for a part-time Interactive Design Associate to join our creative team. The right candidate has a strong creative portfolio and a passion for design. The ideal candidate demonstrates proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
Interactive Design Associates at Merit assist our creative team in the production of digital experiences, from napkin-sketch to wireframe to final product. Typical projects include landing pages, microsites, and enhancements to existing websites, as well as responsive email design. Interactive Design Associates may also work on offline expressions including identity development and advertising campaigns. A solid technical understanding of layout, typography, and color—and the ability to thrive in a team environment—are essential. Good organizational skills and attention to detail are also necessary.
Digital Design Responsibilities:
- Support the creative team throughout the interactive design process
- Produce responsive web and email designs
- Perform content updates to existing assets
- Assist with quality control management and cross-browser testing
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Proficiency in additional Adobe programs is a plus)
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt quickly to emerging technologies
- Ability to speak professionally and effectively with internal teams, vendors, and clients
- A passion for researching, understanding, and recommending emerging design trends to keep our clients at the top of their industries
- Experience in, or working knowledge of, using themes for Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- Understanding of core design concepts and current design trends
- Ability to structure a document for pre-print and communicate with print shops about standards, or a willingness to learn
The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior with the following qualifications:
- Portfolio demonstrating skills in graphic design
- Well organized with clear, effective communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with dynamic job responsibilities and priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Attention to detail and consistency
Merit Benefits Include:
- Flexible work schedule
- Bucket lists (monthly prizes for being awesome)
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Generous vacation package
- Sponsored events for continued education and team building
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 16 hours per week during normal business hours. This role will report to the Studio Director.