At Merit, we are changing the future of industry through Market Invention. Everything here begins with our people, and we only hire the best.
We are currently looking for an interactive designer to join our creative team. The right candidate has a strong portfolio, a passion for design, and a strong technical understanding of layout, typography, and color. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a team environment are essential.
Interactive Designers at Merit design solutions that beat competitors and win markets with creative concepts that make their old bosses blush. Typical projects include landing pages, microsites, entire site rebuilds, and enhancements to existing websites, as well as responsive email design. Interactive designers may also work on offline expressions including identity development and advertising campaigns.
- Understand the interplay of the design and development process and have an appreciation for user experience
- Push the limits, challenge status quo, and seek novel interactive solutions
- Translate business objectives into an arsenal of actionable web and mobile/responsive designs
- Produce responsive user experience and user interface workflows
- Assist with quality control management and cross-browser testing
- Fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and all standard Creative Suite products
- Experience in, or working knowledge of, using themes for Content Management Systems such as WordPress
- A passion for researching, understanding, and recommending emerging design trends to keep our clients at the top of their industries
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt quickly to emerging technologies
- Ability to speak professionally and effectively with internal teams, vendors, and clients
- Strong portfolio of interactive design work
- Well organized with clear, effective communication skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with dynamic job responsibilities and priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Attention to detail and consistency
Merit Benefits Include:
- Flexible work schedule
- Bucket lists (monthly prizes for being awesome)
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Generous vacation package
- Sponsored events for continued education and team building
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week during normal business hours. This role will report to the Creative Director.