LONG LIVE BANNER ADS
You walked out of college (or portfolio school) armed with your shiny student book and into your first ad agency ready to set the world on fire. You couldn’t wait to do your first big campaign, your first commercial, your first print ad. You were determined to become the next Jeff Goodby and secure your place in the Advertising Hall of Fame.
And then you started writing banner ads. And then more banner ads. And then even more banner ads. At some point, you got tired of writing “clever and creative” lines that barely fit in a 728×90 space and so you started looking for your second agency.
Look no further. We’re that agency.
Merit is looking for a strategic, conceptual junior copywriter to join our team. You’ve got at least two years of agency experience. An award-winning, diverse portfolio. And a desire to do the best work of your young career.
We’re looking for a junior copywriter who is committed to honing your craft. Who is as passionate about writing as you are about advertising. Who can jump from one assignment to the next, one client to the next, and let the brands you work on inform your tone. You’re able to write for any medium and make it hard for clients to break out their red pens. You’ve got a healthy ego and aren’t afraid to take chances. And you’re ready to prove your ideas are simply too big to be contained in small, digital spaces.
Merit is a three-year-old agency that’s building a company people want to work for and with. We’re built upon the idea that one size does not fit all. That advertising isn’t always the answer. That the medium doesn’t matter. We’re a bunch of creative thinkers who don’t want to play by the rules and don’t want clients who want to play by the rules.
And neither do you.
- Experience writing for the world wide web internet superhighway, social, TV, print, radio, annual reports, etc.
- Great presentation skills both internally and to our clients
- Work with a designer or art director from concept to completion
- Ability to work with our account service teams without thinking of them as account service
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to write in different voices for different brands in different sectors
- Communicative and collaborative with a desire to grow professionally
- At least two years of advertising agency experience
Merit Benefits Include:
- 100% employer-paid benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Mental Health + Wellness Days
- Bucket lists (we give you bonus cash to have fun outside the office)
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Generous vacation package
- Continuing education options
- Work from home whenever, wherever home is
- Salary commensurate with experience
You’ll report to the Chief Creative Officer. Email your work to: email@example.com. Include ‘BANNER’ in the subject line.