At Merit, we are changing the marketing & advertising industry through market invention.
Everything here begins with our people, and we only hire the best.
As with many marketing functions, the field of PR/Communications is changing rapidly. While much of the work for this role will be traditional PR deliverables (press releases, pitching, etc.), as we embark on the next chapter of Merit, we’re looking to push beyond the traditional.
In your role as Manager, PR & Communications, you will be collaborating closely amongst internal team members, especially account, creative and strategy teams, to identify opportunities, tactics and channels that can be used to translate the client strategies into impactful, engaging and innovative go-to-market plans.
Additionally in this role, Merit leadership will look to you to lead and build the Communications team and function within the agency. The objective for Merit’s communications team is to act as a strategic and tactical link between our clients and their audiences; from executive leaders and frontline staff to customers and the public.
Areas of responsibility and focus for this role include:
- PR/media relations
- Social media
- Influencer marketing
To succeed in this position, you must be:
Team player. You’ll support fellow PR team members with strategic communications and day-to-day client work balancing speed and quality to ensure all products meet deadlines and are of the highest caliber.
Curious, innovative and driven. We work tirelessly to create only the best solutions for our clients and no day with Merit is ever the same. This requires a strong commitment from our team to always stay hungry for what’s next. You must also be passionate about staying up to date on industry trends and issues that affect our clients, as well as develop a deep level of knowledge on our client’s company, services, processes, industry, hot issues, etc.
Show character. The right person will have a positive, “can-do” attitude, the ability to troubleshoot
challenges, a passion for developing creative solutions and fresh ideas, and integrity.
Self-starter, proactive, detail oriented. Able to routinely prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
An effective communicator. You must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to clearly articulate marketing program strategist and recommendations to clients and internal team members. Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills are also a must.
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Leading multiple clients – overseeing day-to-day client work, communications team requests and overall quality control of deliverables
- Drafting professional written content – internal and external messaging, news releases, bi-line and op-ed articles, and social media content to name a few.
- Client/account strategy – collaborating with the Merit team on client strategy and execution (PR/communications, influencer and social media programs)
- Social media strategy and channel management – develop cross platform social media strategies for clients’ social media communities.
- Client correspondence – ongoing communication with clients – in person, via phone and email
- Merit promotion – managing the promotion of the agency, collaborating with the Chief Operations Officer to execute Merit’s own marketing and PR strategy.
- 8+ years’ experience in a PR, marketing, and/or corporate communications environment
- Proven background managing clients
- Writing: experience with drafting news releases, talking points, website copy
- Social media and Influencer Marketing experience
- Research and strategic communications development
- Experience with both consumer (B2C) and business (B2B) marketing and communications
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or business
- Journalistic background, preferred
- Cision software experience preferred
Merit Benefits Include:
- 100% employee-paid health benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Remote working options
- Generous vacation package
- Wellness days
- Sponsored events for continued education and team building
- 401K Plan
- Just to name a few…
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week during normal business hours.