Everything we do at Merit starts with our client experience team: Account Directors, Account Managers and Program Managers who all serve as strategic partners to our clients. As a Senior Account Manager (based in either our Harrisburg, PA or Portland, OR office) you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the comprehensive, innovation solutions the agency provides. This role will report to a Merit Account Director.
To succeed in this position, you must be:
- curious, innovative and driven. We work relentlessly to create the best solutions and experiences for our clients and no day with Merit is ever the same. This requires a strong commitment to always be on the lookout for what’s next and challenge the status quo. You must be passionate about staying up to date on industry trends and issues that affect our clients, as well as immerse yourself into the business of the clients we serve.
- a people person. We enjoy what we do and who we do it with – both internally and with our clients. You must work well in a team environment and serve as a leader and collaborator amongst peers and clients
- a self-starter, proactive, and detail-oriented. You must be able to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- an effective communicator. Strong oral and written communication skills are required to clearly articulate marketing program strategies and recommendations to clients and internal stakeholders.
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Serve as a liaison between clients and internal practitioners to bring a project to fruition
- Effectively manage project tasks, timelines, internal resources and budgets according to the agreed upon scope of work
- Ideate comprehensive and tactical marketing solutions based on a client’s business objectives, goals and needs
- Report client developments and updates to Merit’s executive leadership team
- Manage and coordinate with Merit’s vendors and partners
- Support the agency in the preparation of client presentations, proposals, new business pitches and special projects
- Maintain a positive business relationship with clients by ensuring every client is aware of all progress and activity, providing clearly defined next steps, and acting as an advocate for clients internally
- Focus on delivering outcomes instead of outputs and assure integrated strategies are being effectively implemented at all times
- Confirm ongoing job progress and proactively secure client approval and other needed information in order to advance the engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 5-7+ years of experience in an agency setting
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and assertive in nature
- Proven experience in effectively managing integrated marketing programs across multiple mediums, including; research, brand strategy, creative and technology/digital marketing
Merit Benefits Include:
- Flexible work schedule
- Spot incentives
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Mobile working options
- Generous vacation package
- Sponsored events for continued education and team building
- 401K Plan
- Just to name a few…
E-mail resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Senior Account Manager” in the subject line.
|Job Category||Client Experience|